PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 Tech Sight 100 or 200

GerryRA
01-03-2015, 05:06
Trying to decide between the Tech Sight 100 with the short and long range leaves to the rear sight or the 200 sight with the elevaltion adjustment in the rear sight. Both sights use the same AR 15 front sight with elevation adjustment.

What change in impact between the short and long range leaves on the 100 sight. Are the opening in both apertures the same?

What advantage to the elevation capability of the 200 sight when the front sight is adjustable.

Any pros and cons to these sights?

Thanks

Jim in Salt Lake
01-04-2015, 10:24
I just looked them up and they look pretty good to me. I've got a new, bone stock take down 10/22, might get a set for it. I would choose the 200 model for the rear sight elevation adjustments, easier to make fine adjustments there than use the front sight. I don't have a big stock of .22 ammo salted away so I'm always shooting what I can get. Being able to quickly make elevation and windage adjustments when switching ammo is something I need. You will need a tool to make a front sight adjustment, too. You won't be able to use a .22 longrifle bullet point!

dave
01-25-2015, 08:05
Go to 'rimfire central', there is a whole forum on 10/22's. But before worrying about sights a would buy a decent used target rifle, at the least a second tier model form any maker. 10/22's are not known for accuracy unless you had one of those 500 buck accuracy jobs done on it.