PDA

View Full Version : War horse found in parts lot

1devildog
12-20-2014, 11:32
I purchased a parts lot a while back, been going through all the parts and was able to build and make a functioning Remington model 10a or I thought! Turns out, after cutting the 23 inch barrel down to 22, the end of the barrel was externally threaded, I guess now that was for the bayonet lug adapter, but the threads were boggered and the muzzle was bent so it needed work anyway I found more info to make me think that I had more. After I removed the rust, getting it ready for bluing, I started buffing the side of the receiver and found a slight hint of a U S on the forward left side of it. After some investigating, I now know I have a non numbers matching trench gun in the serial range of 165xxx. Anyway, I'm now going to make it as close to original as possible even though the barrel is too short and am in need of a front sling swivel. I know the O3 swivel was used on the but stock but is too long for the magazine plug and magazine tube, does anyone out there know what was used for the front or where to find one. Thanks, Tom

da gimp
12-20-2014, 01:18
congrats on your find & here's hoping that you are able to complete her........ in the posts below you'll find the names of several of the better experts on US martial shotguns that help all those in need here........ you might try a post saying hey "Help needed on a Rem mod 10A " completetion project......& get more response...... I sure hope you can post good pix of your rebuild while she's in progress.......... you'll find much support from all the guys here in your labor of love........hope you end up with at least a dern good dependable user sir.