PDA

View Full Version : AR 15 Gov't Model

mp40man
12-07-2014, 05:34
I thought I would post a few pics of this AR 15 Gov't model that I acquired back in the early 90's. I believe the box that it came in had a green label but I can't find it. I've only run a few mags through it since I had it...Very nice and well cared for. Any idea as the value...Gun Broker is all over the place. Thanking you in advance. Rich.

PhillipM
12-07-2014, 06:48
A2 without a fence around the magazine release? Interesting. I've never seen one before, thanks for posting, sorry I don't know it's worth.

Ltdave
12-08-2014, 01:49
A2 without a fence around the magazine release? Interesting. I've never seen one before, thanks for posting, sorry I don't know it's worth.

this would pretty much confirm the green label box...

youll notice that it has a chicago screw up front vs. a regular push-pin for take down. this is very similar to the very early M16s if i recall...

the blue labels that followed this had the fence and were marked Sporter...

mp40man
12-08-2014, 04:31
Thanks PhillipM and LtDave for your interest. Being in a hurry to take pics I failed to take one of the muzzle end of the barrel. This came from Colt without the bayonet lug. I traded a Remington Wingmaster 12 gauge pump shotgun even for this AR15 back in 91 at a gunshow in Ohio. I never thought much about it until recently when an old friend asked about the Remington as we went to a lot of turkey shoots back in the day and the old Remington did quite well.:icon_scratch: It turned out to be one of the best trades that I ever made. Kinda having second thoughts about selling it now. I'd still like to know what it may be worth since everyone seems to make them now. Be safe and God bless. Rich.