PDA

View Full Version : New History Channel program, Sniper: Inside the crosshairs

phil441
01-23-2010, 08:20
Guys, I just finished watching the new History Channel's program on snipers. Sniper:Inside the crosshairs.

It seemed to be a lot more factual than most of their garbage.
They interviewed Carlos Hathcock and a bunch of other primo snipers from wars past and present along with the physics of long range shooting.
I'm no expert on this, but it seemed to me to be a very informative program.

Your Thoughts?

Mark in Ottawa
01-24-2010, 06:02
Using a somewhat more ancient technology than the History Channel, I just finished reading a novel called "Three Day Road" by Joseph Boyden. It is the story of two WWI Cree Indian snipers in the Canadian Army in WWI. It is based somewhat on the activities of Francis Pegahmagabow who won 3 Military Medals (class distinction in those days as officers got Military Crosses and enlisted men got Military Medals). According to Wikipedia he is credited with killing 378 germans and captuing 300 more. Pegahmagabow actually survived the war and went on to serve both in the military and as a notable aboriginal leader. Of course, this being Canada, he is now almost unknown as we don't honor heros too well. The novel itself is beautifully written and is one of the best war novels that I have ever read.