PDA

View Full Version : Winchester stock??

Brad
11-06-2014, 09:57
Anybody tell me a good place to check for a good Model 1917 stock set??
Someplace that might have such a thing for sale??
My receiver, barrel and bolt, among other parts are Winchester so there is no use doing this" half".
I have the rifle posted on the Classifieds but most folks keep telling me that they couldl NEVER find a stock?
I find that hard to believe. Maybe I need to just see for myself.
I already have a fine Winchester speciman so I really dont need another. We heck, I really dony "need" the one I have. But I'm sure you guys all know what I mean.
Thanks for any help.

Jay Johnson
11-06-2014, 10:10
A nice refurbished Winchester stock with butt plate, less handguards, sold on eBay last week for $227 plus shipping. The Winchester ones don't come up too often, but when they do they sell at a premium.

RC20
11-07-2014, 11:12
That's pretty much the story. I am surprised to see it go for that low actually.

Authentic one with markings, much higher.

No one makes a non military stocks for these any more either, let alone military.

tanker trash
11-08-2014, 05:36
No one makes a non military stocks for these any more either, let alone military.

Not true:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=46139&cat=1227

RC20
11-09-2014, 11:12
I had looked and missed that one.

They do say it is out of stock (bad pun) and build to order and it might be interesting to place and order and see what happens.

I have not seen any Boyds stock ever for sale in a lot of searching so am suspicious but I could be wrong.