PDA

View Full Version : Info on Henslodt/Wetzlar and MeOpta scopes

musketshooter
10-30-2014, 06:40
I got these scopes in an estate deal thinking they may be sniper scopes. The HW has a 1/8 minute dot instead of cross hairs. The other scope has standard European bars and post. The mount on the CZ is an incredible feat of machining. If these are commercial scopes, I will try and install them on my rifles. The HW adjustments are frozen probably due to dried grease and dirt. Who could I get to service it?

da gimp
10-31-2014, 07:14
congrats sir on picking up several nice scopes...............with the claw mounts you did more than well......if can ask, what did you have to pay? The 2nd scope looks remarkedly like the one that was on a rifle that a German sniper used to wound my dad before several of his men put paid to him during the Battle of the Bulge... dad & his friends couldn't haul around the complete rifle......... but they gave dad the scope & it's leather case....... luckily it was a grazing wound & he stayed on the front line.

added : you might post this on the Mauser rifle board, the commercial rifle/firearms board & the sniper board here............. some of the guys haunt those three quite a bit of the time.

musketshooter
11-01-2014, 06:11
The rings on the Hensoldt are more like redfield rings. The other scope base clamps on separate bases. Neither are claw mounts. I did find that the Hensoldt is from about 1939. It is shown and described in the gun sights book.

da gimp
11-02-2014, 06:43
wondered on that by your photos...........have never seen a German scope WWII or before with original mounts & rings like that. but they still might be original... ask on the other boards.

Embalmer
11-04-2014, 03:33
Try k98k.com forum. Lots of sniper info