PDA

View Full Version : Remington M11 ,12 ga, Riot gun

jim c 351
10-26-2014, 04:16
Just bought this Remington at the Oct. OGCA gun show. Its a WW2 military plus a post war police gun.
I obviously need a new checkered forend. Anyone have a nice one for sale??
Comments welcome.
Jim C
PS more pics to follow.

jim c 351
10-26-2014, 04:20
BTT

M1Riflenut
10-27-2014, 03:02
Nice. That's an interesting fix on the forend, never seen that before. Keep checking Ebay and GunBroker for parts.

11-18-2014, 04:33
Like those 11s.

jim c 351
11-19-2014, 02:55
Like those 11s.

Thanks for posting. Hopefully you can provide some info.
Your center Remington is the one that catches my eye. Its just like mine . Engrave receiver, checkered wood, ordnance wheel with out inspector stamps.

The impression I have is that our guns were made pre war and were commercial riot guns. When war was imminent the government bought all such guns. Is my impression correct???
My gun serial number does not match the barrel serial number, so I can't look up date of manufacture. My receiver serial number is 447,037. Can you date it?? Is it close to your gun??
What else can you tell me about our commercial riot guns???
Thanks again.
Jim C

11-19-2014, 09:43
Center one is a 42. Remington took current supplies and sold to US Gov. Mine is a #s matching. 4633xx

scosgt
11-19-2014, 10:09
I used to have a new military fore end, In the wrap. II have to look around, I might still have it.

jim c 351
11-20-2014, 04:55
I used to have a new military fore end, In the wrap. II have to look around, I might still have it.

scosgt,
If you find it send me a PM.
Thanks,
Jim C

11-20-2014, 05:42
I think I saw a parts gun on armslist a few weeks ago.

11-20-2014, 05:51
http://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/images/styles/shot/logo.png

jim c 351
11-20-2014, 07:14

Thanks for the tip, but the forum isn't coming up.
Since my guns receiver ser # is 8,000 earlier than the government contract M11s is my gun likely made in the late 1930s??
Are guns like ours more valuable than the later "military finish" M11s???
Thanks again for responding.
Jim C

11-20-2014, 07:38

11-20-2014, 07:44
I would say yours is most likely 41-42. They just don't command a higher price yet. I see them posted for 2-3K, but they sit there. I picked my 42 for 600.00 last year.

11-20-2014, 12:16
REMINGTON Model 11 12 ga US ORDNANCE marked receiver & misc parts

Description:
WWII Era US Ordnance marked Remington M11 12 ga receiver with parts shown in pics. Missing barrel & misc parts (?). Great restoration project.

STANDARD TERMS: This is available for sale in my retail store so may be subject to prior sale. We update our listings daily but sometimes there may be a time lag before we remove a listing. All new guns come with factory warranty. All used guns are sold as-is so please ask questions before making purchase. If you live in an area with tight restrictions on firearms then it is your responsibility to be familiar with your local laws. California sales ok, if it is legal to own this item in California, but require additional $20 fee for filling out California DOJ paperwork. I am not responsible for refunds in the event of your inability to own this item. Local pickup ok. Shipping quote is for continental 48 states only. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and other areas is higher, request quote BEFORE purchase of this item. PLEASE NOTE: Regarding the transfer of your firearm, we must have a LEGIBLE copy of your dealers FFL before we can ship Many times we receive copies of FFL's that are blurred, cropped, folded, bent, out of focus, etc and these are all unuseable to us. Per ATF regs the copy must be complete, have the signature, printed name, title & date signed on the copy. Copies which are cropped so not all of the information is visible or any part is illegible or out of focus are not acceptable. Please address these issues with your FFL ahead of time as they result in delays. We are not responsible for issues you may have with your FFL and do not issue refunds due to FFL issues. Please understand that it is your responsibility to locate a dealer who is able to provide a clean legible copy of his FFL. We will assist in any way possible but cannot be held responsible for the inability of another entity to cooperate in this area. If it is incomplete or illegible, then it will be rejected. * * * We do consider reasonable offers. We accept personal & business checks, money orders and credit cards. Checks take a week to clear after receipt. All prices are cash prices. Payment is expected within 5 days of acceptance of offer to buy or the item will be re-listed and a non paying buyer claim filed. Per Guns International rules, a three day inspection is offered. All sales are considered final unless we are contacted in writing within three days of receipt of delivery of item to destination. No returns for items which have been damaged, disassembled, or test fired. Items may be returned per the GI guidelines for a refund less shipping and a 20% restock fee unless item is not as described in listing. Non-cash discount and shipping fees are non-refundable. Purchase of this item constitues agreement to these terms. All shipments are FOB Origin. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Not responsible for typographical errors.

Standard shipping is $25 for continental 48 states. Alaska, Hawaii & territories higher. Request quote BEFORE buying. Local pickup ok. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and other areas is higher, request quote BEFORE buying. Shipping quote is for continental 48 states only.

Price: $299.99

Curio/Relic: Yes

Tell a friend about this listing
See all MIDWESTGUN guns for sale

desentis
11-20-2014, 12:45
I think I have a fore end. I'll take a pic tonight.