PDA

View Full Version : GB Remington M11 w/cutts. Why?

trenchcrazy
10-06-2014, 10:04
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=444690796

scosgt
10-06-2014, 10:13
Someone got taken for a ride:

First of all, the Cutts is NOT original. Guns with a factory Cutts do not have a choke marking.
Second, looking at the "cyl" marking on the barrel makes me think the gun is refinished, it is way too light.
Additionally, he stated the wood is matching, personally I doubt it. That wood does not look correct for a period M11, and it would have a cartouche on the stock if it was original and not refinished.

Something not right about that gun, in my opinion. YMMV.

scosgt
10-06-2014, 10:17
Another thing is, if the gun was really in that original condition, the tag should still be inside the fore end, which it is not. As well, it appears the fore end it numbered. To my recollection (someone can correct me here) that wood is not numbered to the gun, only the buttstock.

Johnny P
10-06-2014, 04:22
$1125.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny P
10-07-2014, 06:32
Someone got taken for a ride:

First of all, the Cutts is NOT original. Guns with a factory Cutts do not have a choke marking.
Second, looking at the "cyl" marking on the barrel makes me think the gun is refinished, it is way too light.
Additionally, he stated the wood is matching, personally I doubt it. That wood does not look correct for a period M11, and it would have a cartouche on the stock if it was original and not refinished.

Something not right about that gun, in my opinion. YMMV.

Years ago I had a Model 12 Winchester Skeet gun with a factory Cutts compensator. As you noted, there were no choke markings on the barrel, and the end of the barrel was upset to accept the Cutts rather than the barrel having the base screwed or soldered to it. Never like it due to the increased noise when firing the gun.