PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart planning a Black Friday 22lr sale for men?

Allen
10-03-2014, 04:46
There may be some "if's" or "maybe's" involved here and perhaps all stores won't participate but it looks like WM is trying a new marketing scheme. Hope you guys have enough ammo for now and don't get caught up in this. I went through my share of Black Fridays when my kids were young and WM sold hard to get toys on this day only.

http://www.gunnews.com/22-go-oh-yea-went-wal-mart/

Reading the comments to the article it states that this sale may happen on 10/4 instead of the day after Thanksgiving.

WarPig1976
10-03-2014, 05:22
I ain't bit'en, I'd be more likely to shoot some nut job trying to line jump outside then fight my way through a crowd of cackling hens fighting over the last $99.00 wide screen to get to sporting goods.

kcw
10-03-2014, 01:56
Why on earth would any red blooded male fall for such a marketing ploy?! I mean, if the women in your family are already going to participate in the Black Friday insanity, why not just put "22LR" in its rightful spot at the top of their lists? Give them stern instruction to immediately break for the sporting goods counter at Wal Mart, once their in the door; using every last ounce of energy and breath in their bodies if necessary, so as to be the 1st ones there. I mean, what's more important in the long run anyway? Barbie's and Teddy BooBoo's for the new grand daughter' 1st Christmas, or a couple bricks of 22LR? There are priorities after all! The stupid toys will be broken and forgotten in short order, but the ammo could make Dad truly happy for years!

tmark
10-03-2014, 08:08
Anyone thought of making "friends" with a WM associate?

joem
10-04-2014, 06:01
I ain't gonna buy any. I still have three cases of W dynapoints I bought many years ago. I should start shooting .22 LR again.

kcw
10-04-2014, 02:12
Anyone thought of making "friends" with a WM associate?

Well, you'd have to make friends with the right associates, or more correctly, the people in management that have been controlling 22LR distribution for the past several years to their personal profit. I have two friends that work at the local WalMart. They tell me that there are STRICT orders that nobody other than "certain" authorized persons are allowed to touch, or other have anything to do with shipments of 22LR. Obviously many WalMart employees are shooters too and in need of 22 ammo, but if you want to keep your job you, don't want to be asking about where all the 22 ammo that IS coming into the store's backroom has been ending up!

Allen
10-05-2014, 06:01
It must stem from higher up than WM because gun shops aren't getting their normal supplies. I have a friend who owns a couple of gun shops and he says he would love to be able to get 22lr ammo to put on the shelves to attract customers but cannot get it himself.

Sunray
10-06-2014, 10:00
Thanksgiving is next Monday. snicker.