PDA

View Full Version : WTS► M1 Garand 7.62 conversion***Very Nice***

Hired_gun
10-03-2014, 12:04
USGI M1 Garand, chambered for7.62 NATO/Win 308. This is not a CMP build 308. This gun was custom built.

The rifle is all USGI parts, most of the later 65 or 77 series parts, with the exception of the barrel. The barrel is a Criterion M1 Garand contour barrel with a 1:10 twist which should allow you to shoot any ammo from surplus to match with excellent accuracy. It is NOT chrome lined. I have been able to consistently paper 1 ¼ in groups and I am quite sure it is capable of shooting better than I can.

The receiver was a purchase from the CMP and IS NOT A RE-WELD

All USGI parts were hand selected and are either new old stock or newer parts well within acceptable tolerance. The stock is in excellent shape, again a USGI item with a nice DAS stamp. The rifle has fired for me without a single problem.

It has National Match front and rear sights and is an excellent shooting rifle. The trigger group has been tuned and polished to National Match standards by Master Gunsmith Jeff Shapiro. It also features an adjustable gas plug which will allow you to adjust gas blow back for any round you may be shooting. The receiver and op rod have been nicely laser engraved with the words “NATO 7.62 mm”

I am in Marysville Ohio if someone wants a face to face and I am willing to split driving if in a reasonable distance. If you adopt to do it by mail I will need a money order or bank check plus an FFL to send to. It is C&R eligible. SHIPPING COST WOULD NEED TO BE DETERMINED.

Email me or PM. I work night shift so if possible include a time which would be best to respond. Also, considering the night shift I may not be able to respond immediately but I will respond.

Asking $1600 OBO or will consider trade for a Springfield M1A

More pictures can be had upon request
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a484/hired_gun8414/P1010026_zps048402cf.jpg (http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/hired_gun8414/media/P1010026_zps048402cf.jpg.html)