PDA

View Full Version : Correct sling

delta12
09-25-2014, 11:49
Best members
Im new to this forum

i just bought a ww2 sling on ebay,but i had the feeling there is something wrong with it.

in the sling ( at the end) Japan is written.
cab any one check this for me?
the tekst says

This offering is for a vintage Leather Sling For a Garand or Springfield Rifle. The sling is unmarked it currently measures app. 42" but is fully adjustable. The leather is in nice condition but does have some wear and splits from use. The fittings are nickle plated brass and have some scattered green oxidation that should clean up nicely with a proper polishing. The sling displays great and will make an excellent addition to someone's collection, shouldn't it be yours!!!”

see pictureshttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/Nzg0WDkwMA==/z/F50AAOSw-jhT~73M/$_57.JPG

Tudorp
09-25-2014, 12:23
I would assume it is a reproduction. These are reproduced by japan, china, India and probably other import countries by the droves. I believe the original sling had not only brass rivots, but also brass hooks as well. I have 3 of this type sling. One on a Garand, one on my M1917, and another on my Winchester M97 Trench. Only one of the 3 straps are original WWII USGI, the other two are reproductions. Nothing wrong with that for functionality, but original straps are pricy, and collector pieces in their own right.

browningautorifle
09-25-2014, 01:34
Yes, that's a civilian sling. Is it even a 1-1/4 " wide or is it just an inch wide? Doesn't matter, it's not military.

Johnny P
09-25-2014, 02:19
Agree with BAR. That isn't a reproduction, but just a civilian version of the M1907 sling. Most sporting goods stores sell them, and occasionally one gets put on correctly.