PDA

View Full Version : Any concerns for using LC 69 brass...

jjrothWA
09-22-2014, 08:44
in a Sears ID and sold [Win M70] rifle?

Using 748 ad 165 SGK bullets for hunting, MIGHT develop silhouette loads later.

leftyo
09-22-2014, 09:45
its good brass.

Sunray
09-22-2014, 10:09
Might have crimped primers. And it'll likely be a wee bit thicker than commercial brass, so reduce by 10%.

swede49
10-31-2014, 07:02
Might have crimped primers. And it'll likely be a wee bit thicker than commercial brass, so reduce by 10%.

It WILL have crimped primers. If you weigh it versus comm brass there isn't significant difference. If you are concerned about thicker brass/less volume use starting load data. Have loaded mucho LC69 with no problemo!!

:1948::1948::1948:

PhillipM
10-31-2014, 07:13
I've seen LC 69 M2 brass with the flash hole off center. I'd cull those that are off center for serious work.

da gimp
11-02-2014, 06:32
swage every primer pocket with a Dillon's super swager & you should be good to go..............Dillon sends you the set-up to swage both large & small primer pockets....it's easy to convert from small to large or vice versa......... it's very simple to use & very quick too.

Heck phil, those holes must have been very off center if you could eyeball them........ had they screwed up the de-capping pin in your resize die?

madsenshooter
11-02-2014, 09:38
Yea, lots of off center flash holes. Weighs about the same as a Remington case. I have several reloadings on mine by using them in the same rifle and sizing a minimum amount. They're still going strong, but getting hard enough that an annealing is overdue. A friend of mine, when he first started reloading his LC69, began by going straight to a max load that was developed in Winchester cases. He was getting some really flat primers and ejector marks from his Garand, and he really didn't know what those strange round marks on the casehead were. For matches and target shooting you might be better off getting some good quality commercial cases.

PhillipM
11-02-2014, 10:00
swage every primer pocket with a Dillon's super swager & you should be good to go..............Dillon sends you the set-up to swage both large & small primer pockets....it's easy to convert from small to large or vice versa......... it's very simple to use & very quick too.

Heck phil, those holes must have been very off center if you could eyeball them........ had they screwed up the de-capping pin in your resize die?

Yes, they are easily eyeballed and no, the decapper hasn't broken on one, I guess there's enough spring in the pin to allow it to work. I think I have some in my highly unorganized reference collection, when I find one I'll take a picture, it's obvious.

Thanks to Google, I found a pic.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h303/eric802/headstamp.jpg

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=144939