PDA

View Full Version : Primer arm question

Devil Dog
09-15-2014, 12:50
My RCBS primer arm has a set screw holding the rod (rod spring & sleeve) together. While trying to buy a replacement, all I can find are rods that are threaded into the primer arm. I assume that mine is the old style. Is this old type still available.?
Thanks.

Matt Anthony
09-15-2014, 02:08
Call RCBS customer service......They will send you out a complete unit or the old style arm assy.
Matt

emmagee1917
09-15-2014, 02:16
Well , not really , not for several years . I cracked my arm years ago and could not buy an old style arm anywhere . I had to upgrade to the new type .
I have 3 sets of old style plungers and cups ( no springs ) , 2 large and one small primer . $10 for all plus shipping if you want more than an evelope without insurance . USPS flat rate box is about $6 .
Chris

Jim in Salt Lake
09-16-2014, 10:57
My RCBS Rock Chucker is from the early 80's and has the primer arm. The primer tubes just fit into it and aren't threaded. I got a primer stuck in the largel tube and couldn't get it out. I got a replacement tube for the RCBS primer tool and that fit the arm on my press. Here's a link to the primer tool on Midway: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/457599/rcbs-automatic-bench-priming-tool The only difference is that the new tube is longer than the one I ruined.

Sunray
09-16-2014, 11:23
RCBS' warrantee is for the life of the kit. Not the original buyer. Call 'em.

Parashooter
09-16-2014, 09:24
RCBS' warrantee is for the life of the kit. Not the original buyer. Call 'em.

This policy appears to have changed. Text below is copied from their website at http://www.rcbs.com/general/warranty/ - emphasis added -

Limited Lifetime Warranty

Reloading Press, Die, Manual Case Trimmer or Bullet Mould

Your reloading press, reloading die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner owns it. This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser. This warranty excludes any electrical components or products. All RCBS products are intended for non-commercial use by hobbyists. Any other use of these products will void the warranty. Should you believe that your reloading press, die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould is defective in material or workmanship, you must return the reloading press, reloading die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould to Ammunition Accessories Inc. through its Oroville operation (hereinafter "Oroville Operations") postage paid for evaluation. If defective, the product will be repaired or replaced at Oroville Operations' option, at no charge.

Send a dated proof of purchase to Oroville Operations along with the product information and reason for return to:

Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
605 Oro Dam Blvd
Oroville, California 95965

Warranty services cannot be provided without meeting the above requirements.

Matt Anthony
09-18-2014, 02:55
This policy appears to have changed. Text below is copied from their website at http://www.rcbs.com/general/warranty/ - emphasis added -

Limited Lifetime Warranty

Reloading Press, Die, Manual Case Trimmer or Bullet Mould

Your reloading press, reloading die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner owns it. This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser. This warranty excludes any electrical components or products. All RCBS products are intended for non-commercial use by hobbyists. Any other use of these products will void the warranty. Should you believe that your reloading press, die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould is defective in material or workmanship, you must return the reloading press, reloading die, manual case trimmer or bullet mould to Ammunition Accessories Inc. through its Oroville operation (hereinafter "Oroville Operations") postage paid for evaluation. If defective, the product will be repaired or replaced at Oroville Operations' option, at no charge.

Send a dated proof of purchase to Oroville Operations along with the product information and reason for return to:

Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
605 Oro Dam Blvd
Oroville, California 95965

Warranty services cannot be provided without meeting the above requirements.

If you break something and you are not the original purchaser, man up and pay for it! Your mistake should not cause the price of products to skyrocket due to a unlimited lifetime warranty after you bought the product in an estate sale! Keep your receipts!

Matt

BudT
09-18-2014, 07:24
Who keeps their faded out receipts for 50 years? As far as I am concerned they just dropped everyone that was gifted any tools that came without a receipt or any other tool that they don't have their receipt for. This is as much of a shame as RCBS using the cheap Chinese castings the reason the presses broke was inferior quality of the material and or workmanship, another good company gone to hell in a hand basket.

Matt Anthony
09-18-2014, 01:21
Who keeps their faded out receipts for 50 years? As far as I am concerned they just dropped everyone that was gifted any tools that came without a receipt or any other tool that they don't have their receipt for. This is as much of a shame as RCBS using the cheap Chinese castings the reason the presses broke was inferior quality of the material and or workmanship, another good company gone to hell in a hand basket.

I agree as I have had some issues on tool breakage and mould quality. I blame generation M! Our entire country is broken....Matt

RED
09-18-2014, 04:28
That is "lawyer talk." A CYA caveat that does not mean much. I have a RCBS Rock Chukker that I bought at a estate sale 20+ years ago. I had a problem and called them. The Customer Service Rep. asked a couple of questions, determined the problem. I offered to pay for the parts or at least the shipping. They said "No problem," and shipped the parts free. That was in Aug. 2014.

Just call and tell them the problem, they will treat you right. Great service at RCBS.