PDA

View Full Version : parts for 03-A3

trimmer99
09-11-2014, 10:45
Just received my M1903 and bayonet that I posted about a few days ago. They are in better shape than I expected. Someone took very good care of them. On to the next project. I have a Remington 03-A3 that I found in the attic of the house I am living in. Unfortunately someone has put a sporter stock on it. The good news is that they did not cut down the barrel or tap it for a scope. It still has it's military sights. The barrel and action are in excellent shape. Serial # 3589463. The barrel is marked April '43. Since I have nothing invested in it at this point I'm considering spending a bit on it to return it to it's original military configuration. I don't know enough about these rifles yet to know if I am purchasing the right part or not. I want to make sure that all the parts I purchase for this rifle are correct for this specific rifle. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rick

m1903rifle
09-11-2014, 11:01
I have all the metal parts ( bands, etc ) that you need. Is it Remington or Smith-Corona?

trimmer99
09-11-2014, 11:33
It's a Remington. The barrel and action are what I would call a matt black. They are in excellent condition so any replacement parts would need to look as good. Of course I've got to find a Remington stock as well. Rick

springfield3
09-12-2014, 09:03
Hello,
PM sent about the stock you need
Bob

mp40man
09-15-2014, 02:40
Sounds like a fun project. The receiver numbers to 4-43 as does the barrel. I would love to see a pic when you are finished. Good luck and God bless. :icon_salut: Rich