PDA

View Full Version : Beretta A400 Extreme vs Remington Versamax

Allen
09-04-2014, 08:32
Not military shotguns but this looked like the closest forum to the subject. Do any of you have any experience with the Beretta A400 or the Remington Versamax? I hear both are good guns but the Remington's have been involved in a lot of small problem glitches, recalls and has not been on the market as long.

p246
09-04-2014, 10:18
I have a Versa Max 28 inch version and my nephew has a 26 inch. His was a first year production with the hammer recall. Mine is 2nd year. Both of us mainly use the guns for waterfowl but they break a few clays to. He limited out dove hunting this weekend with his. Neither gun has as much as hiccupped. The design is simple and easy to maintain. The only thing it does not shoot well is 2 3/4 magnums. It will shoot them all day but its over gassed. Throws hulls 30 feet and dings brass. I'm sold on the gun and will buy another.

Last waterfowl season we hunted in extreme weather. On one outing in freezing rain there must have been over 1/2 inch ice build up on the guns. Geese would come in, and on the first shot ice flew everywhere, it was cool, and they ran all day.

No experience with the A400. Berettas customer service does not have a good reputation with the waterfowl crowd, so I haven't looked at their products.

p246
09-05-2014, 03:50
I probably should add the Versa Max in 28 inch trim is a 8 pound gun. If you do a lot of upland hunting that might be an issue. Mine is mainly used on Duck, Geese, and Turkey. All sitting or standing stuff. I use it sometimes for Dove. The only time I use 3.5 roman candles is on Turkey. I have rolled big toms with it at 60 plus yards. For Upland I use an old Marlin 90 Double Barrel. which is a pound lighter. Depending on my mood the Marlin gets used on Dove sometimes. Several in my click use Benellis and are happy with them. I think Beretta makes a good gun, but from 2nd hand experience if it needs worked on turn around time and communication with Beretta will be an issue.