PDA

View Full Version : M1941 repro ?

tomky
08-17-2014, 01:07
I am looking for an 03 for a M1941 build and have seen mostly Remingtons. Anybody have one built on a Rem receiver. I assume it would be legit for the vintage sniper matches, as it would be in exact configuration.

Jim in Salt Lake
08-17-2014, 05:49
The rules don't specify any manufacturer, just that the rifle is a C stocked 1903, not a 03A3. Find one with a good barrel and trigger and have fun.

collectorm1ca
08-21-2014, 09:14
I used one to build one of my faux USMC rifles and there is no problem with it being legal for the VS matches.

tomky
08-21-2014, 05:17
Thanks fellas, that is just the information I wanted to hear.

pelago
08-31-2014, 02:33
if you are lucky, you an find one that has been "sporterized" or been taped for a side mount lyman 48, have seen them go pretty reasonable. then it is nothing but pieces and parts

wolley
09-03-2014, 03:42
Please don't drill and tap a receiver that doesn't already have holes. Save those for the collectors.
Look for either a sporterized that has already been drilled or a recovered drill rifle receiver.
1903 drill rifles are pretty scarce compared to 03A3s but they are out there.

Jim in Salt Lake
09-04-2014, 12:58
Please don't drill and tap a receiver that doesn't already have holes. Save those for the collectors.
Look for either a sporterized that has already been drilled or a recovered drill rifle receiver.
1903 drill rifles are pretty scarce compared to 03A3s but they are out there.

Already drilled rifles will be cheaper, too! If you can find one drilled for a side mounted scope it'll be easier to mount your rear scope block on the receiver. If you start with a rifle drilled on the receiver ring, you'll have to hope the holes match up with your scope blocks.

Col. Colt
09-04-2014, 01:09
Lots and lots of 1903 Sporterized rifles out there yet. Actually, there is a supplier that will furnish you the original type scope blocks undrilled, so they can be drilled to match to the existing holes in your reciever. Or you can contact chuckindenver, one of our contributors here, and he can handle any part or all of the build for you.

And a great many of the Drill Rifle recievers were not really functionally affected. Many drill rifles were barely spot welded on the bottom of the barrel ring, doing no real damage to the locking areas, so usually the cutoff welding is the only thing noticable about them - and sometimes that is pretty insignificant, also. CC