PDA

View Full Version : Kollmorgen Scope

gunner312
08-15-2014, 11:31
I have this old scope its a Kollmorgen Bearcub, I believe a 4X. The only thing, instead of black like everyone I've seen, this one is a dark green. Does that mean anything?

Just wondering. I got it from an oldtime Garand collector and his son told me he took it off a Garand that he had.

Semper Fidelis

Jim Wright
gunner312

jgaynor
08-16-2014, 07:45
can you post pictures? Particularly of the markings. Kolllmorgen manufactured the Bearcub line initially for Stith. Then for a few years under their own name. Finally in the late 50's Kollmorgen sold its Bearcub line to Redfield.

da gimp
08-17-2014, 01:26
I've seen one dark green one too......... I assumed that it had been park'ed...... It was on a Winchester mod 70 sporter, in .30-06, I believe 1941 manf. or 1942 maybe....... like a dunce I didn't buy it at auction back in the late 1980's in Salisbury, Mo. ............Rifle had seen use............ & had then been refinished /parkerized to a similar tint of dark green...........

Johnny in Texas
08-19-2014, 06:53
They are a green anodized finish and common in the sport version but the USMC version with external adjustments is a very rare and valuable sniper scope.

gunner312
08-19-2014, 08:39
How can you tell the difference? What are external adjustments? It has windage and elevation adjustments on it. I don't have a way to do pictures. I got this from a guy who told me his dad took it off a Garand?

Semper Fidelis

Jim Wright
gunner312

rickgman
08-19-2014, 11:19
Jim, The MC-1 USMC scope has external adjustment turrets while the commercial scopes have windage and elevation adjustments that are under conventional screw on caps. Otherwise the MC-1 and the Kollmorgen commercial scopes look nearly identical. Rick