PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Springfield M1 receiver

pdc
08-11-2014, 01:34
I'm looking to purchase an SA Garand receiver in the 1.5 to 3.0M serial number range. I want to put it away for a future build. Original finish isn't a must but it can't have any rust or pitting. "Lead dipped" heal would be cool. I'd like it to be a certified CMP/DCM piece. PM me if you've got something. Thanks.

dnmccoy
08-11-2014, 01:38
Why not look at the grade C receivers from the CMP? For the price they are nice

http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/m1garand.htm

pdc
08-11-2014, 02:04
Thanks for the hint but no thanks. Slight pitting above and below the wood line isn't nice in my book. And I'm not a member of a CMP affiliated club anymore. The military has moved me around too much. And I've heard there really isn't anything good at the CMP anymore. Most good stuff gets bought up by buddies when someone who works there lets them know something nice is about to be offered for sale. At least that's what I'm hearing. I've wanted to visit the South Store but won't now after hearing that bit of news. I've been told it's no longer worth the trip.

Jay Johnson
08-12-2014, 11:43
There are some on Gunbroker right now, but your 'CMP papered' requirement will limit your options; if your 'CMP papered' requirement is a must, you're asking in the right place. I just bought a post war Garand receiver off a guy on Gunbroker who had two nice re-parked receivers for sale in your SN range, one was a August '43 and the other was a July '44; he was a good seller too. Gunbroker's site is down right now but if you want the links just let me know.

pdc
08-12-2014, 12:41
Thanks for sharing. Yes, I've been looking there as well. I might end up going that route. We'll see. Shoot me the links when you get a chance.

pdc
08-14-2014, 07:09
Looks like I found one. Thanks guys.