PDA

View Full Version : Has the Garand Collectors Association (GCA) Changed Their Name?

The Wizard
07-27-2014, 12:38
I got this letter in the mail yesterday which had a return address of Model A Ford Club of America. I thought to myself why did I get this junk mail, I don't even like Fords? I was about to throw it into the trash can but decided to open it and see if there was anything of interest in it. Imagine my surprise when there wasn't anything about Ford Model A's but a renewal form for my GCA membership. I was even more surprised to see the envelope supplied for mailing back my renewal was addressed to the Model A Ford Club of America. Anyone Knows what is up?

So GCA members if you get a letter from the Model A Club of America you better open it. It is your renewal form!

ebeeby
07-27-2014, 02:28
My guess is both clubs use the same fulfillment company and a little , um, mix-up has ensued.......

SPEEDGUNNER
07-27-2014, 04:42
I thought the renewal came with the Fall GCA Journal?

The Wizard
07-28-2014, 01:18
Company handling mailing of renewal messed up. GCA members should be getting an email explaining what happened and how it is being fixed.

Dan Shapiro
07-28-2014, 02:44
Yep, one of them there "Oooops!"

Remember all that "time" that computers were going to "save" us?

Wonder how much time has been lost, cleaning up the "Ooooops"?

psteinmayer
07-29-2014, 05:32
Interesting thing is: I love Model A's, and as a young man, was a member of the Model A Club LOL!

usmc-nav
08-01-2014, 04:59
When you renew you get a five dollar credit for the mess up.

Jay Johnson
08-01-2014, 05:42
I've been a GCA life member for 16 years now, one of the few that got a life membership before the GCA stopped offering it, I believe I paid $125 for it way back when...

GrinerBros
08-02-2014, 03:54
I got this letter in the mail yesterday which had a return address of Model A Ford Club of America. I thought to myself why did I get this junk mail, I don't even like Fords? I was about to throw it into the trash can but decided to open it and see if there was anything of interest in it. Imagine my surprise when there wasn't anything about Ford Model A's but a renewal form for my GCA membership. I was even more surprised to see the envelope supplied for mailing back my renewal was addressed to the Model A Ford Club of America. Anyone Knows what is up?

So GCA members if you get a letter from the Model A Club of America you better open it. It is your renewal form!

Big difference between Model A Fords and the junk Ford is producing today. I disposed of my LAST F150 last month before it drove me to the poor house with repair expenses.

Never again.

broom jockey
08-03-2014, 08:59
Big difference between Model A Fords and the junk Ford is producing today. I disposed of my LAST F150 last month before it drove me to the poor house with repair expenses.

Never again.

My 1999 Ford F-150 was a fine truck UNTIL it started eating multiple $100 bills to maintain. Think I will try a Toyota or Nissan next.