PDA

View Full Version : trigger needs work

kb1903
07-25-2014, 11:39
I have a very nice WRA 1917, that is very accurate, but the trigger is horrible. The second stage is VERY LOOOONG, creepy, and definitely not crisp. Is there a method of giving it a more crisp second stage break? Thank you in advance. Ken

kcw
07-25-2014, 08:40
I have a very nice WRA 1917, that is very accurate, but the trigger is horrible. The second stage is VERY LOOOONG, creepy, and definitely not crisp. Is there a method of giving it a more crisp second stage break? Thank you in advance. Ken

The 1st thing I'd do is to make certain that you have a GI trigger that hasn't been tampered with. You'll need to compare what you have with a trigger of known quality. It may be that somebody before you did some "shade tree" gun smithing to the humps on your trigger. As a rule the 2nd stage draw on a 1917 isn't "long", although an improperly stoned unit may feel creepy and less than crisp. other areas to consider are the mating surfaces of the sear and the sear notch on the cocking piece. Those may need a good stoning. You may want to make certain that the assemblies involved are free of dried grease/dirt and lightly lubed.

musketshooter
07-25-2014, 10:29
Here is a picture of the way to take the creep out of the trigger. This is a Mauser trigger but the modification is the same for the M1917

kb1903
07-28-2014, 02:11
thanks for the response. I took the rifle out of the stock and found the trigger and sear heavily coated in dried cosmo. After a good cleaning and alittle minor stoning of the sear engagement surface, the trigger is equal to that in my NM AR-15. What a difference 15 minutes made. WOW.