PDA

View Full Version : Tell me it isn't true

Dolt
07-24-2014, 02:23
Some navy basta.. just told me that the only word you can spell with USMC is SCUM. Does anyone know if this is true??? I'm crestfallen and heartbroken.

SMOKEY
07-24-2014, 05:33
Didn't know marines could spell.

emmagee1917
07-30-2014, 04:36
I don't think that's all .
i can get :
Honor
Loyalty
Dedication
Discipline
Commitment
Any others ?
Chris

joem
08-02-2014, 04:29
I was TDY with some jar heads for a bit. Great bunch of young men, took care of the old guy (me).

dave
08-02-2014, 04:56
A new meaning for the word 'scum'!

TomSudz
08-05-2014, 06:32
It may be, but then scum is filth that floats on the top of water, like some sailors (as he appears to have been).

Former Cav
08-13-2014, 05:02
you should have this one ready as a "come back"

Do you know what the N in Navy stands for?

nowledge (knowledge) GRIN get it?

7 ring
09-01-2014, 08:17
The acronym USMC stands for the University of Science, Music and Culture.

lonegunman762x51
11-12-2014, 07:34
Really, the guy was in the navy. They write their names on their asses for God's sakes.

Michael Tompkins
11-15-2014, 07:08
Back in 1978, as a young military policeman going thru AIT at Ft McClellan, AL, we had a few marine "inserts". The DS's would tease them constantly and crack jokes. They took it in stride. I thought that they were nuts and a lot of fun to be around. Lot of respect for those guys. Mike

usmc69
11-16-2014, 07:12
Uncle Sam's Misguided Children was one name we used or as we described it USMC: Another Fine Game By Milton/Bradley

Litt'le Lee
11-19-2014, 01:42
REMEMBER- the Corps is a member of the US Navy- "THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT"

BUT-we like the short arm inspectors

7 ring
12-23-2014, 05:48
Never forget what the acronym M.A.R.I.N.E. represents......My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment..........

Nick Riviezzo
02-19-2015, 03:36
I'm too pissed to respond to this B.S.. I'm retired Army but, the US Marine Corps were part of our fighting and winning team. They helped me a lot when I needed help I'd stand beside a Marine in a fight any day and I wouldn't worry about who was covering my back. To use a Merl Haggard title, "you're walking on the fighting side of me" when you low ball the U.S Marine Corp! And that you can take to the bank! Nick

John Sukey
02-20-2015, 12:47
If the Army and the Navy ever gaze on Heaven's scenes
They will find the streets are guarded by Unites States Marines!
(My neice married a Marine!)

Dolt
04-08-2015, 10:37
Uncle Sam's Misguided Children was one name we used or as we described it USMC: Another Fine Game By Milton/Bradley

Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential

Richard Turner/Turner Saddlery
04-22-2015, 07:10
Back in 1978, as a young military policeman going thru AIT at Ft McClellan, AL, we had a few marine "inserts". The DS's would tease them constantly and crack jokes. They took it in stride. I thought that they were nuts and a lot of fun to be around. Lot of respect for those guys. Mike

Sir:

I was a Marine Military Police student at Ft McClellan, AL, Jan - Mar 78, assigned to Alpha 12. Over the years returned to Ft McClellan for Physical Security School, MP NCO Advanced, and CID School.

Richard

CJCulpeper
04-27-2015, 09:01
I have to say the latest batch of Marines was a good batch. I only ran across a hand full of egg sucking dogs who needed to be broken on a wheel and drummed out of the Corps. I supported the Marines out of Camp Dwyer by repairing their tower mounted camera systems out in the injun country back in 2012. They were always glad to see me and to give a lift to whatever patrol base that had a down camera. I always received more than my share of sirs and thank yous. Of course many were given by me. I was sent to FOB with ten satelite PBs. One had a system down for six weeks and three other FSRs had been out there and did not fix the problem. To get to this PB we had to go the long way since it was the only way. Well the convoy had to stop at a wide spot in the road that had a dozen or so mud houses. The reason? An IED. EOD was called and they cleaned it up.

So we roll into the PB and the Gunny and the Captain were not too enthused about me being there since the other three losers did not fix the system and one of their guys caught a bullet in the shoulder and died that morning. I gave them the in-brief and set to work. I had the system up in an hour just in time for sunset. It is amazing the things you can see in IR.

The Captain and the Gunny were pleased to say the least and I did not want for any thing when I showed up on later visits.

Say and joke what you want about the Marine Corp of the past but like I said the current batch is a good bunch of young men.

Culpeper
Iraq - Aug. 2005 to Dec. 2008
Afghan. Jan 2009 to Present

6kidsdad
05-04-2015, 07:44
CJ, thanks for the kind words about the Marines. I did not serve, but my oldest son reports to Parris Island in August. He is 17, and graduates in June. I have to give him credit, he works hard at school and at a part time job. When he is not doing either of those, twice a week he trains with the other recruits. From what I have seen so far, they do seem like a fine group.

coastie
05-10-2015, 06:30
So, Fall, 1968, the coastie reports to Newport, R.I. Navy Base for training.
His uniform is a mess that only air travel can achive.
The Marine guard is giving the Navy swabbies hell.
Demerit this, report this to your command.
The coastie shows his travel/report papers.
The Marine Clp. checks the shoes-scuffed-, the Donald Duck cap-black mark on cover, the askew tie, the small tear in the sleeve of the blue pullover,the duffel and awol bags, slutes and says: "Welcome aboard, Coastie!"
And right then, I learned to love the Marine Corps!

louis
05-23-2015, 02:02
The Marine Corps of the past was just as now. There are always bad apples in any unit no matter the uniform, but the majority are great young men.