PDA

View Full Version : Who makes shorter than stock A2 front sights?

NuJudge
07-23-2014, 01:58
Who makes or sells shorter than stock AR15A2 front sights?

I bought a Crosman Pre-Charged Pneumatic upper for my AR some while ago, the MAR177. It came with the stock rear sight aperture, which is very large diameter for 10 meter practice, so I took the detachable handle/rear sight assembly to Camp Perry today and got the parts to put a hooded aperture on it, with much smaller interchangeable apertures. I get back home and put the handle on the MAR177. I load up a magazine, insert, cock and load, aim at a target in the middle of a very large trap, and fire. The pellet is way lower than I expected. The front sight is all the way down. The rear sight in that handle has 65 clicks of 1/2 minute elevation, and using all of those, I have the Point of Impact up to about the Point of Aim.

I have never liked shooting Center of Mass. I could just shoot for groups, but I would like to be able to use a 6 O'Clock hold and have it hit the center of the standard NMAR target.

cwartyman
07-23-2014, 03:23
Simple you want to raise the strike of the round Correct? You are out of clicks to raise the strike of the round Correct? File the front sight post down until it hits where you want it to.
Mack