PDA

View Full Version : Two Type 99's at Cabelas

psteinmayer
06-30-2014, 11:06
I was at the Dundee, MI Cabelas this morning, and in the gun library, there were two Type 99s for sale.

First, a rough and slightly rusty Toyo Kogyo Series 35 with the rough welded safety knob, and wood butt plate. The rear sight was the non-AA sight. I didn't see if it had a mum or not. Not last ditch, but not too pretty either. Price was $299.

Second was a very pretty Nagoya Series 2. The rear sight was the AA model, but with the wings removed. The mono-pod, action cover, cleaning rod, etc. were all missing... but all could be easily replaced. The Mum was ground. The stock looked pretty decent! Price was $399.

Too bad I'm broke or both would have followed me home!

Guamsst
06-30-2014, 11:16
Not too bad for a big overpriced chain store. I don't know the market there but both rifles would be around $325 here.

psteinmayer
06-30-2014, 01:05
I went looking for a new shooting rest for Cast Bullet competitions... but I always take a look in the library to see what they have. They also had a nice looking 1917, and a 1878 Rod Bayonet Trapdoor too! This is the first time I've ever seen an Arisaka, much less two.