PDA

View Full Version : Need B&L spotting scope repaired

musketshooter
06-27-2014, 11:04
My sad tale of woe: I have an older B&L spotting scope that apparently has a inner lens lock ring loose or out of place. I called Bushnell, (now owners of B&L) and they indicated they could repair it. I sent it to them with the return funds. A week later I get a message that they can't repair it because of it is out of production and it had been "tampered with and abused". The paint was worn and chipped. They offered to send me a new similar scope for only $350. What a rip off! I can buy a new scope wholesale for about the same. I will never do business with the Bushnell Corp again.
I need the name of an optics repair person the I can trust. any suggestions?

joem
06-28-2014, 05:18
No suggestions but I've had the same type of dealings with them. Not very happy at all.

dave
06-28-2014, 06:07
There are a couple places that repair rifle scope's. One in Ohio I think---Pearsons? Do a google search---something will come up if still in business!

Col. Colt
12-06-2014, 11:14
Do a search online for BinoMedic - I emailed them a couple of years ago to inquire and they said they work on spotting scopes. CC

usmc69
12-06-2014, 11:43
There are a couple places that repair rifle scope's. One in Ohio I think---Pearsons? Do a google search---something will come up if still in business!

Parson's Scope Service. Does good work. How ever I just had a scope cleaned by them and it took 18 months and three or four phone calls to get it back. Not to mention the $320 cleaning fee.

Johnny in Texas
12-06-2014, 06:40
Send me pics of the problem if you can or a detailed description i work on these scopes myself and may be able to help you with this problem
can you post a picture of your scope?

Col. Colt
12-06-2014, 08:31
Johnny, can you suggest who might re-cement an objective lens for one of these scopes - I have one that is yellow and crazed and the Canadian Balsm has obviously broken down. CC

Johnny in Texas
12-09-2014, 10:14
I would look for a damage scope i sold 2 a year ago other wise parson's scope service