PDA

View Full Version : Photos from Major Dick Culver's Arlington Service

Jefferson Adams
06-21-2014, 02:10
Folks, I put a link on the main jouster.com page, but you may need to refresh your browser to see it.

To go straight to the photos, the address is http://jouster.com/ArlingtonPhotos.htm

There will be more coming, I just need to hear from Gloria which ones she wants up. Also, there'll be more and better captions, but I wanted to at least get these up for a start. There is also a video coming.

The photos were taken by John Kringas, a VERY talented photographer - I'm grateful that he was available to take them, because they are very, very good. I think Dick would be proud. As we all know, heaven's streets are guarded by United States Marines - and I can't help wondering if maybe Major Culver has started an angelic sniper school up there...

SMOKEY
06-21-2014, 02:22
Thank you sir. Looking forward to more.

BudT
06-21-2014, 05:33
Very good pictures, thanks for posting them.

Bill E
06-21-2014, 05:55
Thank you very much.

M1Riflenut
06-21-2014, 06:12
Thank you for the pictures and God Bless to Gloria, I hope she is doing ok.

devildog
06-21-2014, 06:59
Thank you for sharing the pictures, and to the Major...Be thou at peace...

devildog Semper Fi !

Mickey Christian
06-21-2014, 07:45
Words fail me in expressing how impressive!

Art
06-21-2014, 08:04
Great pictures, fitting tribute.

maverick1
06-21-2014, 08:22
Bless this man of accomplishment,and may the spirit of him live in our countrymen.Bless Gloria, and all of their relatives, Tho there are great warriors, there are none as noble as one who teaches honor and courage , and the pity is we don't recognize them before their passing.

Jeff L
06-22-2014, 09:48
Thanks for posting these. Looked like a fine service.

Could post a link to the pics over on CMP? Thanks.

Jefferson Adams
06-22-2014, 11:36
Jeff, I'm not involved or signed up on CMP - is there someone here who could do that?

Incidentally, I did some tweaking on the photos page this morning, and more photos will be coming eventually. People may need to refresh their browsers to see the changes and additions properly. With most browsers, that's done by clicking the little circular arrow(s) up at the top of the browser, usually on the right, on Google Chrome it's on the left.

Griff Murphey
06-29-2014, 07:04
Very nice service. They don't break out the band and a couple of platoons from Eighth and Eye for just anyone. A fitting tribute indeed, as has already been said. I tend to look past the stickies... I am certainly glad I saw these.

meterman
07-05-2014, 07:15
My eyes have clouded up a bit after viewing these pics.