PDA

View Full Version : Prvi Partizan brass

BudT
06-05-2014, 06:05
Matt,
I know you do a lot more reloading than I do so maybe you can answer this question. How good is the Prvi Partizan .300 Win. Mag brass? I have tried a few pieces of the standard cal. such as 7.65 Arg. and 7X57 mauser but not the belted mag brass. All that I have tried did as good as any American made brass and at a lot less money, plus the Prvi is way more available.

Thanks

jimb
06-07-2014, 05:24
I don't know about the .300 winmag, but all of the other PP brass that I've used has been good.

joem
06-07-2014, 06:26
I don't really know about their brass but the bullets are good.

p246
06-07-2014, 07:39
Not on par with Norma out of my Sendero. Close on run out with Winchester. Better than Remington on run out and neckwall thickness consistancy IMO. I only reload brass 4 times in my Sender because I'm running them hot. I bought a Larry Willis belted mag die as I was seeing the typical brass build up in front of the ring after 3 reloads. He says you can go more reloads but I don't.

BudT
06-07-2014, 08:42
Thanks to all 3 of you for your input. p246 I run my hunting loads near the upper end and almost always use new brass for those loads. Just a few days ago another spring bear hunter was mauled by a grizzly over in the Centennial Valley, in my opinion that is plenty of reason to pack a larger rifle loaded up to potential. Yes he killed the bear but he was chewed up bad enough to be flown to Salt Lake City for more treatment, the investigation is on going and we will see what happened. Hunting and encounters of the painful type are the reason to load them up. Sounds to me like the brass is good enough to use, again thanks.

p246
06-08-2014, 07:16
They will work fine for that I bought some factory Norma 180 grain hunting ammo for the WinMag. That stuff flattened primers and had some nice push when you lit it off. My wife has me building a privacy fence. I was just working up a load using 190 grain SMK's and Retumbo. Need to get that finished up.

Oyaji
06-09-2014, 09:04
Bud, check your inbox for the PM I sent you.

BudT
06-09-2014, 11:32
Got it and thanks again.

Matt Anthony
06-14-2014, 03:21
Prvi Partizan brass IMO is on par with Remington and Winchester and is better than Federal in 300 WM. Others have given good replies to your question as they shoot 300 WM. With a healed rotator cuff, I am not about to shoot cannons so my days of shooting anything over 30/06 is over. I shoot youth loads in my 30 calibers, 30/06 and 308's and everyone of my rifless have a muzzle break. I use the Col. Townsend load of 18 gr's of SR4759 with any 150 gr. jacketed bullet. This is a small game load that won't kick the hell out of you and is very deadly. It's not a deer load, but placed correctly and at short range I believe you could use it on deer sized animals but would not recommend it.
Matt