PDA

View Full Version : I learned something really wild today...

Critch
05-12-2014, 07:54
I was visiting the local VA today and while in the canteen I was looking at a gun magazine..the guy next to me started talking about the Mini-14 on the cover of a magazine...he said, "Did you know that Springfield makes a version of this in 308?"

I just nodded and left...

Jay Johnson
05-14-2014, 05:43
Well, you could have said it was actually the other way around, or were you there to drink, not talk?

I've spent some time at the Vets Club in Eugene, OR, you can meet some interesting people in such a place.

bd1
05-14-2014, 06:53
Think about it. If the guy looking at the magazine was under age 40, even 45, the way he identified and sequenced things in his mind makes a sort of sense.

Critch
05-14-2014, 10:51
I know what you mean bd1, but it was just so funny..

carolinashooter
05-14-2014, 05:31
Do not laugh too hard too long. While SA had nothing to do with the mini14 Ruger did indeed have plans for the mini14 to be built in .308. They actually had literature printed announcing it and somewhere around here I have a gun value book from way back (not sure if it is Blue Book or not) that has it listed with a value. I can only guess they were anticipating it happening also. I was messing with a buddy of mine a while back showing him the book and asking him why he did not have one in .308.