PDA

View Full Version : Mauser MM410b Repair Options?

Glynn863
05-09-2014, 09:08
I have located a 1938 or 1939 vintage Mauser MM410b about an hour south of me. It has been slightly "bubbified", but appears to be matching numbers based on photos I have seen. It is not in the original stock, the current owner has misplaced the mag, and the bolt handle has been modified for scope clearance by either cutting / rewelding or heating / bending. I can live with the wrong stock for a while - it superficially resembles the original. Anyway, does anyone have an idea on cost to restore the bolt and/or who can do the work properly? Thanks.

Griff Murphey
07-06-2014, 07:29
You might try Apfeltor Waffenfabrik, email: apfeltorlos@aol.com

I realize this is a sporter; I know he works on G-43s he may be able to help with a suggestion or referral, as he is in the German gun comunity.

dave
07-07-2014, 05:28
Replacing mag may be a problem. I have a very nice Austrian 22 sporter that was made in '64. Missing mag. I made a singleshot adoptor for it out of wood. The only place I can locate a mag. is from European venders and they want almost 200 bucks for one. Only paid about 150 for the rifle. As far as my research shows mine was never imported. Maybe a GI bring back.

Glynn863
07-08-2014, 09:36
Thanks for the replies; I did not buy the rifle, but referred the seller to an acquaintance that collects milsurp training rifles.

dave
07-09-2014, 05:40
It was not a training rifle. The German army never adopted any training rifles, altho some KKW's and DSM34's were acquired and used for that purpose. Those were used mostly by SS, SA. and other para-military oufits. 410b's were sold on the civilian market, some even imported here.