PDA

View Full Version : Reproductiion of "Bridger Hawken Rifle" Request "any info"

SUB VET II
04-28-2014, 07:21
Friend was given the rifle named above and is seeking information of any kind. Rifle is supposedly 1 of 90 reproduced by Green River Rifle Makers some time ago. Rifle is new with sock and in a heavy wooden box. Unfired has never even been cocked. MINT condt. Cal. .54 Paper with rifle has a 1957 price of $1200.00. Has been in a glass case since original owner acquired it. Any info as to approx. value would be appreciated. Was told that the reproductions were originally commissioned by the Montana Historically Society. No photo. capability

JBinIll
04-28-2014, 08:22
Google Green River Bridger Hawken.Here's one that sold a couple years ago-

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=11301731

k arga
04-29-2014, 05:02
go to American long rifle form you will get all the info you need.

bombdog
04-29-2014, 05:10
Looks like the original basic Hawken. Check out this one. Can't understand the price though. Check out the website, www.trackofthewolf.com That'll give some price compairison.
bombgog, out!!!!!!!!!!

k arga
04-29-2014, 05:25
that is NOT your basic hawken, quite expensive rifle, go to the form I mentioned above , you will get tons of help from the members.

SUB VET II
04-30-2014, 07:39
Thanks for the info. Has been forwarded to owner of the rifle.

noslack327
05-07-2014, 10:21
Looks like the original basic Hawken. Check out this one. Can't understand the price though. Check out the website, www.trackofthewolf.com That'll give some price compairison.
bombgog, out!!!!!!!!!!
I have a custom cal 58 hawken from track of the wolf, at 2500 retail it is not a basic hawken.

bombdog
05-07-2014, 07:59
Guess i should have stuck with building Custom Hawkens' sted of giong back in the army, huh............. 36" .53 cal originally, 1 1/4" across the flats at the rear to 1" at the muzzle, snail percussion davis double set triggers, adjustable buckhorn hawken rear sight, sighted in at 200yds, streight outta St Loui, thanks Sam and Jacob. i'll shut up.
bombdog out............. still a hawken.............

da gimp
05-14-2014, 07:31
appears to be a way over priced copy of a Hawken to me...............On the rifle in the sales ad by Jack, the wood to metal fit around the tang & lock work left much to be desired.......the quality & finish of the stock appeared to be only that of a decent amateur's build.............

JBinIll
05-18-2014, 08:48
There is a certain crowd of muzzle loaders who will pay a big premium for a Green River Rifle Works rifle.Back in the 70s if you had one you really had something.If you had one Ole Bluejacket had personally built when he worked there the sky was the limit and to some extent still is.