PDA

View Full Version : Mark 1 ***

RCS
04-18-2014, 07:47
You can find Mark 1*** rifles in the USA but most if not all will have the new serial number and CR, ER or G prefix. About twenty years ago, I found this BSA 1906 Mark 1*** still with the original serial number. Everything else that I have seen since has the second (or third)
serial number and prefix.

JB White
04-18-2014, 11:58
Nice find and a good thing you snagged it when you did.

What does the buttstock disc read?

rayg
04-18-2014, 12:14
Nice! I'd like to find an early one like that wasn't Irish issued/stamped. Ray

RCS
04-18-2014, 01:57
This Enfield 1907 ConD 11* was found by a friend in Wisconsin in a small gun shop in 1990
for $45. I told him to buy it for me when he said it still has the barleycorn front sight! The
fore-end had been cut but the rear handguard and early buttstock with the top tang marks were still there. I found a fore-end with the volley sight plate and pointer but later realized that this rifle was for the Mark 6 and the volley plate was Mark 7 cartridge. Also found the correct handguard. I found a second variation magazine too

RCS
04-18-2014, 02:00
additional photos of my ConD 11* note the early buttstock and tang markings

John R.
04-20-2014, 12:36
I have two as issued LE I 's all correct with matching bolts ,dust covers ,volley sights and matching numbered rear sights sitting at a friend's home in Portland OR.

They have been there since 1998 along with 2 Martini Henry Mk III 's and some other antiques all the while.

Should anyone be interested PM me your phone number OR e-mail me through CSP and we can discuss.

John R.

PS I have also got two P'53 , 3 Band , .577 cal. , Enfield Percussion Rifled Muskets , ORIGINALS , in shooting condition ( NO Ramrods or nipple protectors---never had them ) Not my line of interest .
Civil War Re Enactors might like safe to shoot originals, instead of replicas .