PDA

View Full Version : Korean Stocks

HunterTN
03-29-2014, 11:43
Went to a gun show this morning, I spotted two large boxes of M1 Carbine stocks. The markings on the side of the boxes were something like Stocks, M1 Carbine Qty 20 with a "manufacture" location of South Korea. The first stock I picked up was a highwood QRMC. Very dinged up, cartouche sanded away, rusted recoil place and barrel band spring. As I was looking the guy manning the table said he had just sold 10 of these for $90. I said that sounded about right. He said for me, he'd do $129. That is when I realized he meant apiece. The box flap read $149. I about fell over. There were indeed some WWII stocks in there, I only saw that one highwood but these stocks were beyond worn. Every one had rusted metal, big dings or gouges, pins, etc. I was amazed they were asking this price. My main question is when did these stocks start coming back to the US? I had not seen them until today, but of course this could have been going on for a while. Has anyone else seen these?

Tuna
03-29-2014, 08:27
You did buy the stock right? There are a couple of people who bought huge amounts of stocks back in the early 80's when they were bringing in a lot of carbines from Korea. I know of one who used a lot of them as firewood till someone told him what they were worth. Another one has his shed filled with them and only sells one now and then when he needs some play money. But they are out there.