PDA

View Full Version : Drafted Remington 1100

pmclaine
03-14-2014, 11:53
I was in my local shop and something caught my eye.

It was a Remington 1100 (Browning A5) commercial with a riot barrel, bursting bomb, FJA stamp and an NTC 141 rack number. Supposedly taken by the gov from Remigton in the early days oof WWII.

ive been looking for a 12 gauge with history and I was ready to jump on this knowing zip about it.

Price was $1500. When I asked about it I found that the gun was spoken for and would not be mine.

Whats the value on these?

Ironlip
03-14-2014, 02:14
I think you're talking about a Model 11, which looks like the humpback A5, rather than the 1100 which is pretty streamlined. That said though, the price depends on a few things, but $1500 is not too high for an early one with commercial blue, game scene engraved on the receiver, barrel and receiver numbered alike in something like 95% condition. For a good while the later production models without the game scene and usually stamped "Military Finish" on the top left side of the receiver were going for $1000 or less in 98% condition or better. I don't know whether that is still the market. The Sportsman model, which is the same gun with a 3 round capacity, will usually bring more than the comparable Model 11 in my experience.

pmclaine
03-14-2014, 09:05
It was a commercial blue with the ducks rolled into the receiver. You are correct and I am wrong in identifying, it is a Model 11. Barrel also had the ord bomb on it and was original to the receiver. Tough for me to give a percent on finish.

I was a day late as someone already had their name on it. I told him to put me down for seconds but I doubt the party will back out.

scosgt
03-15-2014, 10:39
The Rem 11 is the most common military shotgun. Unless it is dead mint it does not have that much collector interest, since it is not scarce.

Doug Douglass
03-16-2014, 08:00
In the 1970's the Army surplused brand new late war Military Finish Model 11's in the box. They are listed in the Blue Book as a seperate line item, values NIB up to $2,500. I have one mint and unfired but no box. Anyone got the box? I would pay a lot of $$