PDA

View Full Version : Information on URKO 20ga. Spanish.

SUB VET II
02-26-2014, 07:09
Purchased this gun about 1970 for my son as a starter. He however opted for my Win. 101 . Pretty little side by side but I know nothing about the maker. Any info. would be appreciated.

da gimp
03-01-2014, 10:02
I suspect that it is one of the many typical boxlock Eibar SXS's produced before and after WWII........... all of which are pretty decent little shotguns......... most with a dab of decent light floral engraving, in any of the popular gauges (12, 16, 20). I've noted few in either .410 or 28ga. We have 2 of them, both marked 'Pride of Spain" one is a 12ga, the other is a 20ga, both are boxlock, with extractors, and double triggers. In short , they are decent little working man's utility shotguns.............. not to be confused with the best grade AYA Spanish doubles...........

heck ours swing sweeter on quail than 101's do, just my opinion..........but using any good shotgun, while hunting quail, over any good bird dog....... is a rare day that He has truly given Us to enjoy...............

SUB VET II
03-01-2014, 11:24
Thanks for the info "da gimp". In my declining youth have given up all hunting. Now at the range to make holes in paper tgts. But they were good days..Thanks again