PDA

View Full Version : Steep learning curve.

Nate
02-20-2014, 02:31
Still trying to restock my #4. The fore stock went fine as did the butt. However, the stock bolt channel is about 1/2 inch too short and the bolt will not catch. My other never installed butt has the same short measurement. There is a metal washer at the bottom of the channel I never knew existed until now. I tried to hook it out with heavy wire but it didn't work. How do I go about fixing this? Every other stock swap in my past was with previously installed wood so I had no idea what I was getting into. Any help will be appreciated.

JB White
02-20-2014, 03:36
You're not adding an additional stock bolt spring washer if there is one already in there, are you? Coming up that short is often encountered by accidentally doubling up.

John Sukey
02-21-2014, 08:33
Have you thought about trying a different bolt? Or for that matter comparing the bolt you have with one that does work?

Nate
03-28-2014, 06:24
I have been hesitant to reply here since my collector friend brought some of his parts over with somewhat less hysteria. His butt stock was a perfect fit with a little persuasion. The part I thought was faulty was just that and we do not no why. I will investigate if a longer bolt will work but that shouldn't happen. So now the rifle is stocked up just fine and since John Wayne said an apology was a form is weakness, I won't offer one. But Thanks.