PDA

View Full Version : George lawrence Holster

CPC
02-16-2014, 05:37
I purchased a tub of old holsters at an estate sale and one of the holsters is a leather holster made by George Lawrence with a floral design on the front. It is a #28 656. I searched on the web but could not find what this holster is for. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
CC

Johnny P
02-16-2014, 07:42
I have a couple of George Lawrence holsters, and the numbers don't mean anything as to the pistol/revolver they fit.

JBinIll
02-17-2014, 02:50
I have some Lawrence holsters and belts I bought from them years ago.You ordered a style number and specified the gun it was for.The #28 is the holster style,656 is the size number.Here's an example-

http://www.vintagegunleather.com/shoppe/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_11_12&products_id=787

Older Stoeger's catalogs from the 60s-70s have the size charts.

Edit:A little searching and I come up with the 656 size code being for a Ruger Single Six w/ 5 1/2 inch barrel or similar sized handgun.

CPC
02-18-2014, 09:37
JBinIll,
Thank you for the reply and link. I had found that link while trying to research the holster but I could not find anything definitive on what a 656 was for. Lots of close numbers and examples but not a 656, so I thought I would try the forum. I think it may be for a Ruger but I am not sure. I'll figure it out eventually. It was a good find as I mostly wanted the military holsters, several M7's, some modern euro, 1916's, etc for colt.. then a few western type like this and several modern Uncle mIke side kicks etc in varying sizes.. my BIL took those off my hands as well a heiser... and I kept the military. Basically whats in the pic is what's left and I'm keeping those. The Lawrence is in the lower right. Thanks again.

Blockislander
10-08-2014, 11:50
There is a section on the Colt Forum for leather. If you post a picture there someone will identify it for you. One member is a real guru. I think he is turnrivver.
Paul