PDA

View Full Version : Movie- Lone Survivor

Jeff L
02-15-2014, 09:20
Finally got to see it tonight. Well worth seeing. I think it's a fine tribute to the Navy Seals. A buddy told me the book is really good too. If you're not a Mark Wahlberg fan, you might want to pass.

Duane Hansen
02-17-2014, 03:29
I'm usually not much of a reader but when a friend gave me the book to read a couple years ago, I could not put the book down. Book was very well written and it was action packed, to say the least.

I have not yet seen the movie but will go soon. I, too, have heard it is very good.

seagoatami
02-17-2014, 04:25
I've seen it and it left me with a bad feeling, Personally I would not in no way have made the decision that the officer in charge of the team made about the prisoners. I dont believe if it were an actual situation that he would have either

Jay Johnson
07-22-2014, 08:35
L to R: Michael Murphy, James Suh, Shane Patton, Marcus Luttrell and Matthew Axelson; the photo is credited to Danny Dietz.

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm360/wp64/CalGuns%20FS%20Parts/1b7d87a0-a916-4c45-bc39-034d20e80993_zpsc486c29a.jpg

kragluver
07-22-2014, 12:16
The movie was good. The book was fantastic. Also read Service - Luttrell's second book. It provides more details about the Lone Survivor incident that weren't included in the first book.

dave
07-22-2014, 03:03
I've seen it and it left me with a bad feeling, Personally I would not in no way have made the decision that the officer in charge of the team made about the prisoners. I dont believe if it were an actual situation that he would have either

It WAS an actual situation, I do not believe he lied. They did it because of the rule's of engagement. It was discussed about possible court martial. I read the book, not seen the movie but its on my list! As it turned out the 'secret' would never have gotten out. But in similar, less serious, instances the word seems to always get out.