PDA

View Full Version : winchester model 12 riot gun on gun broker

BOB IN AZ
01-19-2014, 06:13
Can the membership please look at the auction on Gun Broker 387767420
and give me some input, based on the photos, if this gun seems to be correct or if there is something that is not right with it
bob in az

GWS
01-20-2014, 06:16
This maybe a legit gun but the photos and description are inadequate. Should have a flaming bomb(not bursting!) mark on barrel. Stock markings indicate a rebuild at Anniston Arsenal? which would account for the parkerized finish. The rest of the markings look ok but better-clearer photos are really needed.

BOB IN AZ
01-20-2014, 07:23
I did email the seller for picture of top of barrel markings. If the markings are proper, and considering the weapon was re-done at Augusta Arsenal,
is the value he has placed on the shotgun too high, in your opinion?

ww2imposter
01-20-2014, 08:06
Looks legit to me, but the question is, how much of a purist are you? Re-finished & re- arsenaled. Myself, the later doesn't bother me much, it's still a military SG. I draw the line at the price which I believe should be in the $1000-1200range. Which I think is why it has been on the auction block so long.
Besides that, I thought you were looking for a 97? Just gotta be patient :icon_salut:.

BOB IN AZ
01-20-2014, 08:45
Patience, it's a fleeting thing at age 73. Your right of course. Just looking at all the possibilities. Trying to get a handle on value's of these shotguns. The gentleman I sold my Stevens 520-30 trench gun is going to check out 4 97's for me in Feb. Always appreciate the comments and insight by all the advanced shotgun collectors on this forum. I do agree with you on the price of that M12.
mucho gracias WW2

GWS
01-21-2014, 05:00
Price is a relative matter, it may be a bit high for what is offered here but the seller may not have a handle on current prices any better than you do( or me!). Somewhere in the middle is usually about right. What '97 are you looking for? (trench or riot, WW1 or WW2?).

BOB IN AZ
01-22-2014, 05:03
GWS....Looking for a Winchester riot gun. WW1 or WW2 does not matter and it doesn't have to be a museum piece ( not a rust bucket, ACTUALLY, no rust at all ). Patina on the finish is ok, but in the 80%+ finish will work just fine. But, must be correct in every other way.
BOB