PDA

View Full Version : Winchester m97 riot gun ww1 ww2

BOB IN AZ
01-18-2014, 04:34
To the advanced shotgun collectors on this web..............

I know I am suppose to do this on the WTB board, but I thought I would try directly to the collectors who deal mainly in this field. I just sold my Stevens M520-30 trench gun and would like to get a descent correct Model 97 riot gun. ( WW1 WW2 ) does not matter.

My only concern, that it correct in every way. Does not have to be the mother of all M97's. I would settle for one in the high 80% - 90% finish domain. Prefer a ww2, but a ww1 will certainly work. I have up to $1800.00 or so to spend.

To be honest, I can't honestly tell if something on the gun doesn't belong there or if the weapon is re-blued and or re-finished. Just a good olde fashion un messed with gun. ( stock not sanded etc. etc. ) I am relying on the honest collectors on the forum.

If some of the guys can help me here, please email me direct at
THIRDHERD1965@COX.NET

Excuse me for breaking Culver protocol.
BOB IN AZ

scosgt
01-18-2014, 09:45
I don't think you can touch a 90% gun for anywhere near that money.

BOB IN AZ
01-18-2014, 01:02
You're probably right. But stranger things have happened. 12 years ago, and just by chance, I purchased a 100% original gas trap garand, which was verified by the powers to be in that field of collecting for $10,500. Right place at the right time. Go figure.

67rebelsst
01-18-2014, 05:36
your best bet is to watch gunbroker but I am not sure if $1800 will get the job done. Gun shows are also good but that would be a rare item and will sell to a table holder quick if it made it very far through the door. All matching 1897 riot in 80%+ will be a hard find. That is one I am missing along with a 720 riot.

SPEEDGUNNER
01-18-2014, 07:35
You are offering to pay half of what the gun you seek is worth in todays market. I hope you are successful in your quest.

BOB IN AZ
01-18-2014, 08:08
Thanks for all your input. I realize that $1800-1900 may not make the grade. I actually have $2500.00, but was trying to save a little for my M1 Garand Sept 1940 restoration., which is my birth month and year. Everything on that gun is in place except for the barrel and stock. May have to sacrifice one of these projects. Will see. thanks again for all your comments and expertise.

scosgt
01-19-2014, 10:39
Speaking of Garands, I am working a security gig at a Government training facility. They have a room full of Garands used for drill purposes. They are all cut on the chamber and barrel on the bottom under the stock. The receivers are not cut, but do look a little strange in that area - they may have a small weld there to make the barrel impossible to remove.

In any event, it is neat being in a room with like 50 Garands on the racks.