PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy parts from L&S supply?

tankerfrank
12-23-2013, 10:01
I got they catalog of M1 CARBINE Parts and they are price ok, but are they real.

EricR
12-24-2013, 03:38
I bought a couple early mag catches from them about 15 or 16 years ago. My opinion is what I bought were reproductions. They offered me my money back. Again, this was many years ago.

Tuna
12-24-2013, 07:11
I would suggest you throw out the catalog as it's more then likely filled with fake repo parts. L&S is owned by Larson who released a book a year or two ago. He used pictures of fake parts in some of it which could lead to someone not knowing their reputation to think the fake sights and such are real. And he gave special thanks to old George at Riverbank who has the corner on selling fake parts out on the left coast. So Buyer Beware!!!!!!

tankerfrank
12-25-2013, 07:14
thank you SO much, I did buy a safely '' EW'' which looks ok but now I know likely a fake, how the franch guy on e-bay?

Tuna
12-25-2013, 09:07
He has an excellent reputation for original parts and I would buy from him before I would even think about the other two listed. France got a lot of USGI carbines and spare parts and he got his hands on the parts when the French government gave up using the carbines.

phillydude
02-18-2014, 09:38
Do they have a web sight ?

Tuna
02-18-2014, 06:12
I do not know if they do or not but if you go on Ebay and look for carbine oilers I know he has them on there. You should be able to contact him off Ebay. His address is listed as France

phillydude
02-18-2014, 07:11
I've bought of the guy in France, last thing was a front sight for an underwood, it was the real deal and perfect match to the one I had to replace because the ears were cut off. I meant does L&S have a web sight, I want to see what his stuff looks like so I know what not to buy. Someone mentioned they have a catalog

Mike
02-19-2014, 05:27
Hi, go to Bill Ricca.....he's the best,regards, Mike http://www.billricca.com/carbine.htm

Tuna
02-19-2014, 08:25
As far as I know L&S doesn't have a web site. Too easy to spot the fake parts just like with the left coast faker.

phillydude
02-19-2014, 01:55
Thanks Tuna, I'm always looking on bills page, doesn't seem to have much anymore

M1Riflenut
03-01-2014, 12:41
Thanks Tuna, I'm always looking on bills page, doesn't seem to have much anymore

That tells us something. The dealers who always have an endless supply of rare parts are the ones you need to be wary of. Bill can only list what shows up from time to time, unlike those who just make new stuff when their supplies get low!

Johnny in Texas
03-01-2014, 03:39
This reminds me of the guy that made up a story about the carbine version of the Johnson rifle. That was made for queen Willowmena of Denmark or something like that. Then low and behold some of these rare Johnson carbines started turning up every now and then. Oh and they were painted this industrial gray/blue her favorite color for or Navy issue.

boykin
03-16-2014, 12:55
have bought a few parts from him over the years including an original IBM stock. Never had a problem. The guy gives a 15 day return privilege and if you can't check it out in 15 days, butter not buy.

Tuna
03-16-2014, 05:10
You will only return it IF you know it's a fake and if you don't know what is real and what is a fake you will assume it's real. Like your IBM stock. You assumed it's real so you kept it.

boykin
03-19-2014, 07:55
Just wondering how you know what I assumed or didn't assume? BTW, stock was original.

Tuna
03-19-2014, 01:12
Glad your stock was real then. There are others that have not been so lucky. And IF you had read what I said you would have seen that I was stating IF you didn't know it was real or not you would have assumed that it was.

tristan
03-20-2014, 03:11
I fondly (?) remember the "genuine" USMC-marked Winchester stock that they sold me back when I was a younger, dumber and more eager M1 carbine collector. ;-)