PDA

View Full Version : stupid purchase but I can't help it....LOL

Guamsst
12-15-2013, 07:30
A friend of mine has what is probably the largest private collection of junk enfields in the U.S.

He asked me a while back if I wanted "some" receivers. I figured, WHY NOT, if they are cheap I can use them to salvage some swiss cheese sporters.

Well, "some" turned into 100 pretty quick with me stating very loudly and clearly I needed to pace myself. We settled on 50 and he said he'd do $10 a piece and leave "some parts" on a few.

He brought me 50 barreled receivers and about half a dozen with buttstocks as he said he got tired of taking the stocks off.

Let's just say it took more than a few minutes to figure out where to put 50 barreled receivers in the RV.....LOL

In the long run it is a great investment but man I aint not feelin smert rat now....LOL

I will have to sort them this week. Some had good shiny bores, some are deactivated DP trash but still worth $10 as a lamp base ;)

Clark Howard
12-16-2013, 01:38
Sounds like it is time to get on the "net" and find the parts to complete these pieces.

GA-Dave
12-16-2013, 07:20
Pictures or it didn't happen... :-)

Guamsst
12-17-2013, 02:10
Sounds like it is time to get on the "net" and find the parts to complete these pieces.

Unfortunately that usually results in $400 invested in a $200 gun. But, there are lost of Savage receivers in there. I will sort them and if any are real valuble (unlikely) as built rifles, I will look for parts for them.

Really not sure what the best thing to do with them is but the price was right.