PDA

View Full Version : Another Reising ?

Steven Martin
12-12-2013, 04:51
Hi Guys!
I have a Reising 65 that I need to have re-parked due to someone in the past attempting to pretty it up with some cold blue. It looks like s---. I would like to know of someone who could re-park the barrel and receiver in that medium grey color that they are known to have. Any referrals?

Thanks, Steve

n64atlas
12-12-2013, 06:12
From all the references I've read, it's not a true parkerizing. Don't know anyone that would know what was actually used. It is thinner and does take on a rusty look as it ages. There are companies that do specialize in Parkerizing. Check on the military forums here.

Steven Martin
12-12-2013, 12:01
Thank you!

Johnny in Texas
12-12-2013, 05:05
I am fairly sure that they were parkerized with Zinc Phosphate not Manganese Phosphate hence the light gray color. The key to reparking it is to leave the metal slick and not sand blast it. They were very thinly finished and to get it right you need to do test pieces and keep track of how long it was in the parkerizing solution. I have done some Zinc Park. and it looks cool when done right I only let it cook for a couple minutes.

John Sukey
12-12-2013, 10:24
I have a Reising , but its a .22 pistol and it's blued.

n64atlas
12-13-2013, 07:23
I have a Reising , but its a .22 pistol and it's blued.

Yep, the pistols were made before Reising went to H&R. 1920's era. I have a pistol also, along with a Reising made holster.
There might have been some nickle ones also. Remember to NEVER shoot high velocity ammo in these pistols.

Steven Martin
12-13-2013, 07:25
Thanks Johnny, would you be interested in doing the park?

John Sukey
12-14-2013, 11:48
Yep, the pistols were made before Reising went to H&R. 1920's era. I have a pistol also, along with a Reising made holster.
There might have been some nickle ones also. Remember to NEVER shoot high velocity ammo in these pistols.

Yep, was aware of that, standard velocity ONLY