PDA

View Full Version : UNofficial winner of the fictional "Krag-Jorgenson Cup"

madsenshooter
12-05-2013, 04:01
Not all the scores posted have the answer to who was shooting what for the Vintage Match at Camp Perry this summer. But it appears that the high Krag shooter was John Triol Jr., out of Milford, PA. John shot a 99-3X prone slow fire, an 88-2X rapid fire, and an 87 standing. Total score of 274-5x, which was good enough for 46th place out of 415 entrants. Since we don't have all the results, and no organization has yet come forth to donate the trophy, John will just have to be happy knowing that he MIGHT have been the highest scoring Krag shooter this year. Good going John! Hopefully the CMP will do a better job of getting down the rifles being used next year. The fault not might lie with them though, some of us just aren't any good at filling in all the blanks. Come to think of it, some are lucky to know where to write the scores!

Dan Shapiro
12-05-2013, 04:16
Pity they can't narrow down it down to who shot what.

Bob S
12-05-2013, 09:00
Pity they can't narrow down it down to who shot what.

It could very easily be done. The old DCM scorecards had blocks for model of rifle (in those days it was M1 or M14) and the serial number of the rifle. If the new scorecards would include this, and officials would check that these are filled in, the data would be captured. It was not that long ago that CMP did publish the type of rifle used in the Vintage Bolt match bulletin. They seem to have forgotten about that.

While we're on the subject, I'd like to see an award for anyone shooting an as-built M1903 as opposed to an 03A3 with all of the NASCAR modifications that have crept into the rules. I also like the Krag award idea, too ... even if it's just a shout-uut in the match bulletin.

Resp'y,
Bob S.

jon_norstog
12-05-2013, 10:21
Maybe we could fund-raise a rotating trophy? Have CMP award it to the high-scoring Krag shooter every year. I can think of a few humorous possibilities for the trophy ...

jn

Griff Murphey
12-06-2013, 12:27
That is some good shooting!

psteinmayer
12-06-2013, 05:55
I think the score sheet we used this year had a spot for type of rifle. Bob (Madsenshooter) and I shot our Krags, but my brother in law shot with us with a Mosin. I'm positive that we had to note this on the score sheet!

madsenshooter
12-06-2013, 08:39
I know I wrote mine down, including serial #, but the results don't show it. Paul, you shot a 1989 Krag. Is that anything like a Kraig? I see there's one listed. There was also a guy shot an Eddy Stone and another an Eddie Stone, bet they're cousins. LOL!

psteinmayer
12-08-2013, 05:18
Too Phunny Bob...

M2Phil
12-09-2013, 03:08
Well, that was some fine shooting from Mr. Triol.
Very cool of you to have noted it, madsenshooter. It's nice to know that somewhere, strangers are giving "attaboy"s for a job well done.
I fired with a Krag too. CMP and I were going to just keep it our little secret.