PDA

View Full Version : ejector and spindal questions

mr.j
12-05-2013, 08:49
Hi, I will make this quick. Does the spindal head line up with the notch in back of ejector when breechblock is open or closed? Any help on this question is appreciated. Thanks.
Mr.j,

raymeketa
12-05-2013, 09:25
Quick answer. The spindle head (the round end) fits into the countersink in the extractor at all times, whether the block is open or closed. It will take three hands, some juggling and cussing to get everything lined up, against the tension of the ejector spring, in order to get the hinge pin installed but after you do it a couple of times it will come naturally.

Ray

musketshooter
12-05-2013, 02:13
The trick to installing these parts is using a drift punch inserted in the oposite hole and then camming to extractor into position for insertion of the hinge pin. A one person job.

Dan Shapiro
12-05-2013, 04:14
*Swearing is optional! :eusa_wall:

psteinmayer
12-05-2013, 06:41
In my case, swearing is inevitable!!! :D

Dick Hosmer
12-05-2013, 09:03
As Ray says, do a few and it's really not that hard. I am far from having hands of steel, but all you need to do is push, whilst keeping constant pressure on the hinge pin - once it starts, you're home free.

mr.j
12-06-2013, 06:12
Thanks for the reply's, I have no problem getting breech block on, I see everyone has there own ways of doing it, I had the assumption that the spindle moved out of position when closed but makes more sense that it does not, kind of figured that. I only have two hands but I can try using my feet next time.

Dick Hosmer
12-06-2013, 08:07
Note that the spindle recess is elongated to allow some vertical motion - that (and some well-thought-out geometry) is what prevents the ejector from simply following the block at all times, rather allowing it to sit at rest, but under strong tension, until tripped by the block hitting the lug.

randy langford
12-06-2013, 04:04
The trick to installing these parts is using a drift punch inserted in the oposite hole and then camming to extractor into position for insertion of the hinge pin. A one person job. This is the easiest I have done two this way.