PDA

View Full Version : Inglis HP Question

AOK
12-01-2013, 03:43
I'm interested in an original Inglis HP WWII pistol. I've been looking at one but the silde does not say Inglis Canada, only BROWNING FN 9MM HP and above it it's marked No 2 MKI * . It seems like most I've seen also have INGLIS, CANADA after BROWNING FN 9MM HP. Could this be correct? Also the serial # on the frame matches the serial # on the barrel and slide but looks different ie the ones on the slide are marked like this II and the frame they are marked like 11, Could this be correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Paul.

gfguns
12-03-2013, 07:14
Paul
Could you provide some pictures?

ebeeby
12-03-2013, 08:18
Here is a great resource on HP. You can pose a question to "gp35fn" and likely get a detailed answer to your question. My Inglis is a MkI* and does have INGLIS, CANADA.

http://hipowertalk.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=6

AOK
12-04-2013, 06:04
Thanks.

John R.
12-09-2013, 11:02
What you have is a pistol with a late issue replacement slide made by Canadian Arsenals Ltd in Long Branch(Mississauga) Ontario, Canada.It is 100% CORRECT on a Canadian Service Pistol too. Good slides and well made.

You will see a late type stylized Maple Leaf proof stamp/acceptance stamp just behind the ejection port too!

Canadian Arsenals built close to one million Lee Enfields, a few hundred K Mk II STEN GUNS! A BUNCH OF 7.92 mm Bren Guns, 90 K FN Rifles and C1 Submachineguns as well as the first production run of standard weight M14NM barrels. They ALWAYS built quality small arms and ancillaries.

Cheers,

JR