PDA

View Full Version : 96 Swede Value

usmc69
01-04-2010, 09:30
Found a 1896 Swede made by CarlGustav in 1923 in the local gun shop. All matching serial numbers. Finish is approximately 95+% for both the metal and wood. Best guesses on the value?

Gunner
01-04-2010, 09:59
Dont know about your prices, but over here for a good conditioned one you have to pay around $400 to $600.

Regards

Gunner

Shooter5
01-25-2010, 12:51
For going rates on internet collector sites; Check out www.empirearms.com, www.oldguns.net, www.allans-armory.com, www.simpsonltd.com, www.collectorsfirearms.com. Of course, you can get ballpark figures from gunsamerica.com or gunbroker.com.
At local shops, I've seen a range from $250-$600.

usmc69
01-25-2010, 01:07
For going rates on internet collector sites; Check out www.empirearms.com, www.oldguns.net, www.allans-armory.com, www.simpsonltd.com, www.collectorsfirearms.com. Of course, you can get ballpark figures from gunsamerica.com or gunbroker.com.
At local shops, I've seen a range from $250-$600.

I bought it for $300.00 OTD. All matching (every piece has the S/N on it)except the cleaning rod. Figure I did well. Thanks for the info.

AJ

jon_norstog
01-25-2010, 09:54
AJ,

You did OK. The swede will only go up in value, because they were so damn good and they don't make them any more. I've had 4 or 5 of them, not a bad one in the bunch. I butchered every one of them except for that m38. I had what I thought were good reASONS. I wish I had kept one of them dead stock as issued. I'll probably go to hell for that, St. Peter is a gun collector I hear.

Enjoy your Swede. Don't shoot out the barrel doing rapid fire, like I did. Let it cool down between shot strings.

jn

tgd31968
02-25-2010, 08:11
I bought a great Carl Gustav marked 1917 at Woolworths when I was in high school for $75. I bought it as a cheap deer rifle since it is all I could afford.
I had a scope mounted on it, and had the bolt handle turned down. Professional job all the way, but it is altered.

Do I reget it now? sure, but just like bannerman's guns around 1900, the just were not collectable. They were just cheap surplus rifles.

It has only been in the last few years that prices have really shot up. I bought it and used it for a purpose. I still have it, it shoots great, so that is just how it is.

TGD.