PDA

View Full Version : Arisaka bayonet with scabbard and canvas frog

randy langford
11-24-2013, 06:54
Picked this up today for $30.00 :banana100:

Guamsst
11-25-2013, 05:50
Great find, hard to find frog and maker.

broom jockey
11-25-2013, 10:09
You are one lucky person. I need to follow you around the gun shows. 8-)

randy langford
11-25-2013, 11:00
Broom Jockey
Wasn't at a gun show found it at our local flea Market. I have found some very good stuff at it over the past few years.

Guamsst
11-25-2013, 11:54
I hardly ever find good bayonets cheap except at Tulsa. Most people at gunshows seem to be way too proud of their bayonets. Once in a while I get a cheap one but not often.

randy langford
11-25-2013, 02:48
My wife asked e why I didn't negotiate a lower price I told her the price was more than fair.

Guamsst
11-25-2013, 04:53
My wife asked e why I didn't negotiate a lower price I told her the price was more than fair.

I had a guy selling a bayonet for 1/10th the market value and when I went to pay him he dropped the price even more before I could get the money out. I don't enjoy screwing people over so I don't try to talk people down when they are already too low. Good luck is good enough, no need to be a $^"&head.

dave
11-26-2013, 05:50
There is only one bayo I would pay over 50 bucks for and not over a hundred for that one! Even a hundred is ridiculus for any bayo!

Guamsst
11-26-2013, 06:11
There is only one bayo I would pay over 50 bucks for and not over a hundred for that one! Even a hundred is ridiculus for any bayo!

Take some time and get used to the light again. Nice to see you crawl out of your cave, welcome to the new century....LOL

I've paid $300 for a bayonet and been glad to have it. The last bayonet I bought is a steady mover at $1,500 and I am currently working on getting a bayonet for $2,000 that is in rough shape. You can complain about things being expensive, but that doesn't mean you will get a new Porsche for what they cost in the 70's.

Now that I am done picking on your aversion to modern prices, what bayonet pray tell, would you pay over $50 for?

dave
11-27-2013, 06:00
One for a Czech VZ- 33. Well-- maybe more then 50!
You must understand I am aware of of modern prices and see them all the time. However I only buy bayo's for rifles I own and have been doing that for years. Back when, gun shops had barrels full of them for 5 bucks, many types. I used to buy many but sold off (at cheap prices compared to now) ones not connected to my rifles. I just do not care enough to pay as much or more then a rifle would cost me, they do not mean that much to me! And I didn't stay in the AF long enough to make rank over A1C! hehehe!
You would be surprised at how many I have added to my collection over the last couple years at my 50 buck limit! And if people would quit buying those over priced relics maybe prices would fall?

Guamsst
11-28-2013, 06:53
It isn't people "overpaying" that is driving the prices up to where they are, it's simple economics. Time has marched on past the bucket of $5 guns. Some are WELL overpriced but they usually don't sell except to the rare novice who buys the story....such as the $150 Jap training bayonet that is RARE!!....LOL But, for the most part bayonets have been serious collectibles for a while and are priced based on quality/rarity like everything else.

dave
11-29-2013, 09:45
Of course, but I am a rifle collector not a bayonet collector, they are only a side line because I have the rifles! The same goes for slings and frogs I might add, and I already have plenty of those as well as bayo's.

Michaelp
12-08-2013, 01:44
I sold a nice ground T97 a while back. I had a lot of farm stuff going on and I fooled around and took over a week to mail it.
I threw in a nice bayonet from my bucket to make myself feel bettr.

Prices just don't stay the same-for whatever reason and it doesn't make sense to ignore it. Like holding your breath.
Bayonets of all kinds have really jumped the last few years.

I have a small bucket of K 98 and some others that I am going to cash in for an equally expensive bike restoration I am doing.