PDA

View Full Version : 1911A1 here are more pics. trying to verify if refinished

razors edge
11-12-2013, 08:51
Here are more pics with the camera flash. Just wanna be sure before I ask for a refund. I purchased it as an original un-restored pistol. .

11-13-2013, 05:13
Take pics outside in natural sunlight. With flash is hard to tell.

Johnny P
11-13-2013, 05:45
Here are more pics with the camera flash. Just wanna be sure before I ask for a refund. I purchased it as an original un-restored pistol. .

In the photos the feed ramp appears to be finished over. It would have been polished back to bare metal after original finish was applied.

Duane Hansen
11-13-2013, 11:46
I'm still 100% convinced that the pistol has been refinished. I know that it was mentioned before but if the pistol was truely as nice as it appears and original it most likely would still have it's original barrel. I know, not Always but just another tell tale sign. Also wrong color phosphate parkerizing and finished over feed ramp.

Chaz
11-13-2013, 12:09
I'm not an expert like the gentlemen above, but before you bother taking a photo outdoors and without a flash, just let us know if that LIGHT GREY is the actual color of the parkerizing. I've seen a lot of M1911A1s and not a one of them was anywhere close to being light grey as the one you pictured.

keith smart
11-16-2013, 04:59
I'm not an expert like the gentlemen above, but before you bother taking a photo outdoors and without a flash, just let us know if that LIGHT GREY is the actual color of the parkerizing. I've seen a lot of M1911A1s and not a one of them was anywhere close to being light grey as the one you pictured.

One exception, late war R.R.s are found light. This example is refinished without a doubt

razors edge
11-17-2013, 05:21
Thank you all. My money was refunded !