PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my Colt .45 National Match pistol

sid
11-04-2013, 03:51
I would like to get some info about this pistol and some idea as to it's current value. I don't know how to post photos here so I can only provide a detailed verbal description.

I purchased this handgun around 1960 when I was involved with Bullseye pistol shooting. Over the last several years I have shot it less and less because of increasing age. I have always taken good care it and would rate it at 95%. It comes with the box and one magazine. The serial number is 27xx-NM. It is an excellent shooter.

The slide. There is a rib on top of the slide. On the right side it says COLT'S PT.F.A. MFG CO. Hartford, CONN. U.S.A. Left side of slide says National Match COLT Automatic caliber .45 There is an imprint of the Rampant Colt. The gripping ribs on the slide are slanted. It has adjustable Patridge sights,

The frame. The mainspring housing is curved. The grips are checkered walnut with gold Rampant Colt medallions. The front of the grip has 8 vertical grooves and the rear has the same. On the left side of the trigger guard is the letter Y. Above it is a tiny triangle with what may be vp to my tired old eyes.

The barrel. The inside of the barrel and rifling are perfect. The top of the barrel says Colt .45 auto NM.

The magazine is blued. It feeds and functions without problems. The base says Colt 45 Auto.

Again, I would appreciate any info that can be provided such as year of manufacture, value, etc. TIA

Bill D
11-04-2013, 04:49
The folks at the 1911/1911a1 forum are sure to have just the info you need. We're too busy here insulting one another to talk about gun things.

Duane Hansen
11-04-2013, 06:15
If I read my Books correctly, it looks like your pistol was manufactured in 1958. If the pistol is in like new condition and is all original with the box it would be worth somewhere between $2000 and $3500. Without detailed pictures it is pretty hard to nail down the price much more than this. If the box is shabby and the wear is noticable on the pistol, it could be less. If the pistol is pristeen and box too, it could be worth even more than my top number.

Look at this example that just sold recently and compare yours to it,

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12465907/guns-for-sale-curios-relics/pistol-curios-relics/colt-gold-cup-national-match-.45-1911-pre-series-70.anib-.mfd-1961-c-and-r-ok