PDA

View Full Version : M1911 Holster and belt?

Promo
11-03-2013, 08:10
I've recently purchased a small lot of 3 holsters from someone who sold off the collection of his uncle. Unfortunately the pistols were already gone, but nevertheless I got offered a fair price for the three holsters and therefore purchased them. One came with a belt and two magazine pouches (the shown magazines and pistols were added by me, if anyone is wondering).

Is this the belt the holster could originally have been issued with? I've never seen such a belt.

Secondly, I believe I have somewhat 10+ holsters for M1911 pistols around, but most were pieces I received when purchasing a pistol. But to get to the point, what I learnt was that WWI holsters have brass claws and usually bear inspector cartouches. With the three holsters I now purchased there was one which was only marked "U.S. BRIDESBURG 1914". Could it be that some holsters were not inspector marked, or who did use this holster then?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Johnny P
11-03-2013, 10:56
The Bridesburg 1914 marked holster is not GI, and the date is two years before the Model 1916 type holster came out. The brads used in the construction are not the type used on the M1916 holsters. The brad on the G&K 1917 dated holster is correct.

Can't see enough of the belt to be sure what it is.

Charlie Flick
11-06-2013, 02:50
Promo:

Johnny got it right. The "Bridesburg" holster is not USGI. In addition to the factors mentioned by Johnny, the M1910 hook is mounted backwards. The style of the numbers appears European to me and is not consistent with US holsters of the period. Other giveaways might be evident if we could see pics of the complete holster. I would describe it as a fanciful reproduction.

Regards,
Charlie