PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Government Model

cwbuff
11-01-2013, 02:47
This Colt Govt. Model was manufactured in 1927. Check out the trigger clearance cut in the pics.

Duane Hansen
11-01-2013, 04:58
Pretty rare anomoly but it did happen accasionally. I've seen a few of these over the years. Someone fell asleep at their post and it got by the inspectors too. Several things had to go wrong for that pistol to get shipped in the first place. One would expect to see a higher price on one like this but surprisingly, the anomoly does not really add anything to the value and in some cases make it less desirable to serious collectors.

ignats
11-01-2013, 06:04
Someone was selling an M1911 A1 pistol with that same production mistake. Somehow it was stamped and accepted by the military. The seller though he had struck gold with that one and was asking some outlandish price. Interesting anomaly but not not worth a premium IMO.

Scott Gahimer
11-01-2013, 06:54
Anomalies are most interesting and perhaps more valuable to the guy who has one of everything (else). I have paid a little extra for some interesting anomalies and less for others. It depends on what they demonstrate.
http://i41.tinypic.com/dxd8yg.jpg